How To Make Get Well Soon Cards
When someone you love is ailing or is very ill, there is nothing better to say that you care than get well soon cards, especially the ones that you make yourself. Get Well Soon Cards can be very expensive depending on the card style. Also the most important and most personal gifts are the ones you make yourself. So the best way to save money and make someone feel special at the same time is to make these cards yourself.
Most get well soon cards can be made out of things that you already have laying around your house, such as leftover paper, gift wrapping, bows, ribbon, buttons, and more. And if you do have to buy something, usually you can use the extra to make additional cards for just a few pennies.
The following is a list of items and tools you will need to get started:
- A paper trimmer
- Pair of scissors
- Cardstock paper in your choice of colors
- Pattern paper like swirls, stripes or polk-a-dots in colors that coordinate with your choice of cardstock
- Glue stick (can be found at stores like Wal-mart)
- Ribbon in your choice of color
- Glue dots
- Pen or markers
- Stickers of some sort like flowers, butterflies or swirls (can be found at Michael’s craft stores)
- Lid about 2 inches wide
- Lid about 1 ½ inches wide
To get started you will need to decide how big you want your get well soon cards to be. (Note: most premade envelopes for cards measure 6 ½ by 4 ¾ inches, but you can make one any size you wish) For this exercise we will start by making a standard one 6 ¼ by 4 ½ in., just smaller than a standard size card envelope.
Steps To Make Get Well Soon Cards
- Cut your cardstock so the paper measures 6 ¼ in. wide and 9 in. long. Important: Save the scraps for later use!
- Fold the paper in half to form your card.
- Next you will need to determine whether you want your get well soon cards to open at the side or at the top.
- Cut a 6 by 4 ¼ in rectangle out of your chosen patterned paper. With your card in the folded position, glue to the front of your card; being careful to center it on the page so you have a frame behind your patterned rectangle.
- Take a piece of the left over cardstock and cut a strip as long as your card. If your get well soon cards open at the side cut them 4 ½ by 1 ½ in. long or if your cards opens at the top cut them 6 ¼ by 1 ½ in. long. Glue this piece two thirds down the front of your card.
- Cut a coordinating piece of ribbon as long as your strip of cardstock and using glue dots, one at each end of your ribbon, glue over the strip on the card. Press hard.
- Using your 2 inch lid, trace around it and cut a circle out of cardstock
- Using your 1 ½ inch lid, trace around it and cut a circle out of your patterned paper. Glue it to the 2 inch circle.
- Using a glue dot, glue your completed circle to the center of the ribbon on your card.
- Next pick a sticker or other embellishment, and place in the center of the circle and secure with a glue dot or glue. (Note: Some heavy buttons, a small key or some other shape out of brass make for a very 3-D look).
- Cut a rectangle out of cardstock measuring 1 ½ by 2 ½ inches. Either with a pen or a stencil, write personal words “Get Well Wishes”, “Get Well Soon” or another wonderful saying (Note: you can find many sayings on some of our other pages on Get Well Wishes). You may also use sticker letters for your get well soon messages.
- Glue your “Get Well Soon” or “Get Well Wishes” rectangle to the front of your card where ever it looks best to you.
- Open your card and lay it flat.
- Cut 2 strips measuring ½ inch by 9 inches out of patterned paper.
- Glue the strips down opposite sides of the card, trimming any excess.
- Cut another circle 1 ½ inches out of cardstock.
- Using another sticker or embellishment, attach to the circle you just cut and then attach to the lower right hand corner of the inner side of the card over the strip.
Now you are done making your Get Well Soon Cards! Your finished products are now ready for any inspirational thoughts you might care to write down on the inside of the card. For more inspirational thoughts visit more of our website.
You can now simply slide the get well soon cards into any standard card size envelope. Your cards are now ready to give to your special someone who is ill or ailing. They are sure to be happy with their handmade card with personal get well soon messages from you!
Get Well Cards To Give Your Best Friend | Get Well Quotes Are a Wonderful Way to Show How Much You Care | How To Make Get Well Soon Cards | Get Well Flowers To Say You Are Loved | A Get Well Soon Card For Your Loved One